SkypeIn with SFA

A forum for Skype For Asterisk users to ask questions and get advice from other users

Moderators: twilson, pete engler

SkypeIn with SFA

Postby serge1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:26 pm

I just have a quick and simple question that a sales person from digium could not answer nor can I find anywhere online.

Using SFA what is the Skype cost/pricing for incoming calls with a SkypeIn number? And can one SkypeIn number/account be used for multiple concurrent calls? We're setting up a small business and would like to use Skype/Asterisk for the phone system in our office but need to get exact costs.

Per line license is $66 from Digium
Skype-to-Skype is free
Outbound cost is per minute (2 cents for US)
Inbound is ???

Thank you anyone that can help answer this.
serge1
Newsterisk

Re: SkypeIn with SFA

Postby richinuk » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:47 am

Hi.

I'm trying to find similar answers myself. I've spoken to Skype support a couple of times and they insist that any Skype connection is limited to 2 concurrent channels. But Skype for SIP has a (i think) 300 channel limit (depending on what you purchase), so I'm not sure if the support were unaware of the proper answer, or if S4SIP is treated different.

Regarding the incoming calls, it seems they're free. I have successfully made incoming test calls to my SkypeIn number routed to my SFA using a zero balance account.

Interested if you have a more accurate answer to the first part tho.

Rich
richinuk
Newsterisk

Re: SkypeIn with SFA

Postby twilson » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:27 pm

SkypeIn rates are the same as any normal skypein call. Number of concurrent calls is limited by the number if SFA licenses purchased.
twilson
Oldsterisk

Return to Skype For Asterisk