VOIP>ASTERISK>Browser>Web App integration?

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

VOIP>ASTERISK>Browser>Web App integration?

Postby SONIC » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:59 am

Hope you can help.

I have a customer who wants us to integrate Asterisk with our Web application, so as they can get the incoming call event to look up and open a csutomer details screen in our web application. Basically match the incoming call id with a customer record. They also want to make outbound calls from the web application.

As I have no in depth working knowledge of Asterisk, I need to determine the best strategy for doing the above and write the code. The customer will have multiple users logged in to the web app and so all browsers would need to detect the incoming call.

Reading through the possible solutions, it appears the best way forward would be to write a plug in for the browser(s) which detects the event from Asterisk, which in turn can be detected by our Web App. I've seen some Plugins for Firefox, but they only handle the outbound call action.

Can you advise me on the best approach, or even point me to a solution we could adapt for this scenario.

A fast response would be warmly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick
SONIC
Newsterisk

Re: VOIP>ASTERISK>Browser>Web App integration?

Postby navaismo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:10 am

For the first thing you need a call notification program you can get more info here and I wrote a simple program too if you want. Basically you need to use the AMI to monitor events and trigger your apps.

And for originate calls you can use the AMI triggered by your web browser.
navaismo
Salt of the Asterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General