Setup AsteriskNow to Use Remote Syslog Server

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Setup AsteriskNow to Use Remote Syslog Server

Postby kazpernzl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi

I'm running AsteriskNow (Ver. 11.2.1) and was looking for some help and guidance in configuring Asterisk to use a remote syslog server for diagnostic logging.

I have a syslog server running remotely which I use to troubleshoot VPN's, routers and other devices and I really just need to know how to tell Asterisk to use this server.

Any help welcomed.

Thanks
Kazper.
kazpernzl
Newsterisk

Re: Setup AsteriskNow to Use Remote Syslog Server

Postby david55 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:32 am

I don't believe you can tell Asterisk to use a remote syslog server. To the extent that you can configure Asterisk to use the local syslog (I've never tried, so I don't know how much that is possible), you can then configure the local syslogd to forward to the remote syslogd. Try running man against syslog.conf or rsyslog.conf, for details.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Postby kazpernzl » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:06 pm

david55 wrote:I don't believe you can tell Asterisk to use a remote syslog server. To the extent that you can configure Asterisk to use the local syslog (I've never tried, so I don't know how much that is possible), you can then configure the local syslogd to forward to the remote syslogd. Try running man against syslog.conf or rsyslog.conf, for details.

Hi Got it working just had to edit my rsyslog.conf file and add *.* @x.x.x.x:514 where x.x.x.x was the remote IP of the syslog server.

Works ok
kazpernzl
Newsterisk

Postby joy9393 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:52 am

I have a syslog server running remotely which I use to troubleshoot VPN's, routers and other devices and I really just need to know how to tell Asterisk to use this server.
We are the pioneers in providing HIT-001 dumps You can get our 100% Android certification practice test Adams State University Also get free demos of University of California, Berkeley paced test engine to help you pass Northwood University
joy9393
Newsterisk

Postby david55 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:12 pm

As already said, configure it to use the local syslog server and then configure that to relay to the remote server. It will use the standard syslog calls which always access the local server.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Return to AsteriskNOW Support