Cannot provision a phone - Aretta NetPBX system.

Commercial and business-oriented Asterisk discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Cannot provision a phone - Aretta NetPBX system.

Postby gwarnken » Fri May 22, 2015 8:35 am

Hello community - We have an Aretta NetPBX system here in our office, provided by Birch (formerly CBeyond). We had some employees leave and I was attempting to update the configuration in the Phone Provisioning Tool. Every time I try to submit the configuration, I get an error - "Could not log into server." We have contacted Birch support, and they cannot resolve the error. Apparently they are no longer selling/supporting Aretta systems, and are 'giving us a quote' for their new system. Our CEO isn't interested in a new system as it is 2X the cost of what we are paying now. Is there anyone out there that can assist us getting our issue resolved, or are we out of luck due to the server residing in their data center?

Thanks in advance,
Gregg Warnken
gwarnken
Newsterisk

Re: Cannot provision a phone - Aretta NetPBX system.

Postby gwarnken » Fri May 29, 2015 7:29 am

Hello Asterisk community - If anyone out there is working in a consulting capacity, my company would be glad to pay a reasonable fee for successful work performed on our system. At this point we only have access to the web interface of the Aretta system, and the Birch/CBeyond techs have not been able to resolve our issue from their end. Can anyone tell me definitively if they would be able to access the backend of the system? I'm guessing not, since it's in Birch's data center.

Thanks in advance,
Gregg Warnken
gwarnken
Newsterisk

Re: Cannot provision a phone - Aretta NetPBX system.

Postby penguinpbx » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:50 am

Are you able to make any configuration changes eg. add a new IVR, change an IVR option, forward calls for users, set caller ID names on internal extensions, etc.? If you can't make any changes, nor read any logs, then the system may be in read-only mode, possibly indicating corrupt hardware at the disk level.

Or does this problem only affect the Phone Provisioning Tool? That could be on a separate server altogether, along with voicemail and several other distributed subsystems.

Either way, you might consider printing/saving some of your current configuration pages from their web interface.

Also, per the following link, it looks like Aretta offered a feature rich Asterisk-based PBX cloud solution, with SSH interface access, at one point -- is this sort of what you administer?

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/datacenter/Aretta-Communications-Asterisk-based-hosted-VoIP-with-near-instant-provisioning-3906751.htm
penguinpbx
Oldsterisk

Return to Asterisk Biz & Jobs