BT ISDN30 and Digium Wildcard TE 133F

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

BT ISDN30 and Digium Wildcard TE 133F

Postby londonnet » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi. I am installing asteriskNow and using a Digium Wildcard TE 133F card. The card is auto detected in dahdi config the card shows up as a Digium Wildcard TE131/TE133 card 0 [1]

However the settings for this card are set by default as a T1 and not as E1 as required for UK BT ISDN30

The closest matching card I can see in Modprobe Settings is the wcte13xp however the config options for this card look they are for a FXS card and not a PRI card.

If I set this to UK etc save the settings and reboot the card is not longer listed for further configuration.

Can somone tell me what the correct way is to configure a Digium Wildcard TE 133F is for the UK and more specificaly for a BT ISDN30 PRI E1?

Many thanks
londonnet
Oldsterisk

Re: BT ISDN30 and Digium Wildcard TE 133F

Postby david55 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:33 am

Why don't you qualify for support from Digium? The proper place to get configuration support for current Digium products is through their commercial support channels.

In any case, what is your problem with the description of how to do this is in https://www.digium.com/sites/digium/fil ... manual.pdf

PS I don't understand the reference to FXS and FXO. These basically refer to analogue signalling and should not be relevant to primary rate devices, particularly at they physical level. The nearest equivalent is which end provides the timing.
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Postby londonnet » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:57 am

The issue is /etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf is overwritten by freepbx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------$
Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All modifications t$
this file must be done via the web gui. There are alternative files to make $
custom modifications, details at: http://freepbx.org/configuration_files $
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------$
I am expecting {modprobe wcte13xp default_linemode=e1} is set in the GUI of freepbx somewhere.

How do you set the card to be e1 in freepbx if the config file is overwriten by the gui?

Thanks
londonnet
Oldsterisk

Postby david55 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:40 am

Peer support for FreePBX is provided at http://community.freepbx.org/
david55
Moves Like Spencer

Postby londonnet » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:18 am

Message from Digium

"Ok, the only way I have found to keep freepbx from overwriting the files is to disable the dahdi module in freepbx. Unfortunatly I do not know how that is done because we dont support freepbx itself, just Asterisk. You may need to contact freepbx but this is the only solution I have heard of."
londonnet
Oldsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support