Information for implementing the GUI to ver. 1.2.11

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Information for implementing the GUI to ver. 1.2.11

Postby thienpc » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:54 pm

I have implemented an Asterisk system, and have always used the terminal command in LINUX in order to perform all changes to the config files and so forth.

Since there is a GUI version NOW available, I am looking into enabling the existing instalation with the GUI component, NOT requiring to re-install the Astersik, and if required to do so, What will be the required process ( besides copying the config files of the existing system to another file) without disrupting the system already in place.?

your comments are greatly appreciated.
thienpc
Newsterisk

Postby angler » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:22 pm

The GUI will not work on Asterisk 1.2. There were new features implemented to make the GUI work which only exist in 1.4. You would need to make a backup of your config files, sound files, and voicemails(if you want to keep them and the personal greetings).
angler
Asterisk Freak

Postby thienpc » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:49 pm

After the installation of the I.4 will require to replace the config files that were back up.
Is it convenient to isntall this beta version at this moment, versuss the stability opf the curently installed evrsion?
What are my drwabacks if I make the change?
I am in the procees of trying to start a test for a system that will be able to perform 288 siimultaneous incoming and outgoing calls from a call center. and send them to remote or "POP" units that we plan to deploy in Mexico.
these POP units ( basically another Asterisk boz with digium boards) will serve as the PSTN switches to achieve the last mile connectivity.

Having a GUI application, will greatly ease the burden of adminsitration and maintenance of all the users in the system. Our goal is that by month 3 we can be processing 25,000 calls a day. The system is inteneded to be used by migrant workers to call back their villages in southern Mexico.

Any commntsa re grealty appreciated
thienpc
Newsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General