some newbie questions related to aterisknow...

Get help with installing and running AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

some newbie questions related to aterisknow...

Postby iasterix » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:47 am

hello.
I did go thru the different posts, but it seems i still can't get an answer to my (basic) questions.

If i understand well, *now is a "AIO" asterisk+linux (modified rpath)+gui package (a bit like TB).

Now i know that Digium released a "asterisk 1.4 GUI", included in the business edition only. Is this exactly the same GUI as the one included in *now or not?

The issue is, our SME wants to implement * thru a * consultant who installs * without GUI on a modified DEBIAN linux distribution. I really don't mind the linux flavor, but i do need a GUI synchronizing with the CLI, as *now does. So is it possible to either implement the *now GUI without the rpath linux or the Digium 1.4 GUI without the BE?
iasterix
Oldsterisk

Re: some newbie questions related to aterisknow...

Postby mbrooks » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:23 am

iasterix wrote:hello.
I did go thru the different posts, but it seems i still can't get an answer to my (basic) questions.

If i understand well, *now is a "AIO" asterisk+linux (modified rpath)+gui package (a bit like TB).

Now i know that Digium released a "asterisk 1.4 GUI", included in the business edition only. Is this exactly the same GUI as the one included in *now or not?

The issue is, our SME wants to implement * thru a * consultant who installs * without GUI on a modified DEBIAN linux distribution. I really don't mind the linux flavor, but i do need a GUI synchronizing with the CLI, as *now does. So is it possible to either implement the *now GUI without the rpath linux or the Digium 1.4 GUI without the BE?

Yes, you can install the AsteriskNOW GUI on any 1.4 asterisk installation. The GUI itself is still considered BETA software and there is not an official release. You can check it out with subversion here: http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk-gui/trunk

Matt Brooks
Digium, Inc.
mbrooks
Oldsterisk

Postby iasterix » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:17 am

thanks for the answer.

Just these two questions:

Can the CLI still easily be used and accessed from within the GUI and if so are changes easily visible from within the GUI? Does using the GUI put any limitations on CLI personnalisations?

As I would like to wait the GUI come out of beta to use * 1.4, could u give me any clue as when the final version will be out (I did wait from july 2006 on for the 1.4 release, but i hope the final GUI will be out a bit sooner?)
iasterix
Oldsterisk

Postby mbrooks » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:26 pm

iasterix wrote:thanks for the answer.

Just these two questions:

Can the CLI still easily be used and accessed from within the GUI and if so are changes easily visible from within the GUI? Does using the GUI put any limitations on CLI personnalisations?

As I would like to wait the GUI come out of beta to use * 1.4, could u give me any clue as when the final version will be out (I did wait from july 2006 on for the 1.4 release, but i hope the final GUI will be out a bit sooner?)

No, the CLI can not be accessed from within the GUI. CLI means "Command Line Interface" and is ment to be run on the linux command line. You can access the CLI by pressing Ctrl+f9 on the console screen of AsteriskNOW. Any command can be executed here. Optionally to access the CLI remotely, you can use SSH to login and the command 'asterisk -r'.

As far as I know, there is no offical set release date for the GUI, however, you can probably expect a stable release of it by March.

Matt Brooks
Digium, Inc.
mbrooks
Oldsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW Support