Editing .conf files

General discussions about AsteriskNOW.

Moderators: Moderator, Support

Editing .conf files

Postby pkirby » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:54 pm

Perhaps I am overlooking something. I just installed AsteriskNOW on a test machine so that I could take a moment to explore it's interface. Currently I do all updates , etc. directly in the conf files.

I see other posts where it talked about editing these files, but I can't seem to find a way to directly edit the dialplan, or any of the other .conf files using the AsteriskNOW GUI.

Can someone point out to me what I am overlooking?
pkirby
Newsterisk

Re: Editing .conf files

Postby mbrooks » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:39 am

lmcconnell wrote:Perhaps I am overlooking something. I just installed AsteriskNOW on a test machine so that I could take a moment to explore it's interface. Currently I do all updates , etc. directly in the conf files.

I see other posts where it talked about editing these files, but I can't seem to find a way to directly edit the dialplan, or any of the other .conf files using the AsteriskNOW GUI.

Can someone point out to me what I am overlooking?

To edit the conf files directly, you will either need to login with the system account and use a text editor such as vim or nano. All of the configuration files can be found in the /etc/asterisk directory. If you want to edit these files on another machine, you can use scp to copy the files to and from AsteriskNOW (Be sure the admin user has permissions to read/write to /etc/asterisk).

Matt Brooks
Digium, Inc.
mbrooks
Oldsterisk

Postby pkirby » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Thanks for the response. That is how I have been editing files. I was hoping there was away to do this through the GUI.apparently not.
pkirby
Newsterisk

Postby mbrooks » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:03 pm

lmcconnell wrote:Thanks for the response. That is how I have been editing files. I was hoping there was away to do this through the GUI.apparently not.

You can request this feature and any other by joining the "asterisk-gui" mailing list. Follow this link to join: http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-gui

Thanks,
Matt Brooks
Digium, Inc.
mbrooks
Oldsterisk

Database backend

Postby stigbe » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:23 am

During installation of AsteriskNow, PostgreSQL is listed as to be installed. When AsteriskNow starts, mysql is running.
When adding entries with browser GUI, we seems to edit .conf files as mentioned in the forum.
Can anyone explain this :?:
stigbe
Newsterisk

Re: Database backend

Postby anil » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:14 am

stigbe wrote:During installation of AsteriskNow, PostgreSQL is listed as to be installed. When AsteriskNow starts, mysql is running.
When adding entries with browser GUI, we seems to edit .conf files as mentioned in the forum.
Can anyone explain this :?:

During installation the Mysql db is installed.
and mysql starts up as well in beta 2

but once you do an update, Mysql is un-installed.

The browse gui edits the user.conf file directly. The rest of the conf files may be edited depending upon your particular need.
anil
Newsterisk

Re: Database backend

Postby j4m3s » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:50 pm

anil wrote:During installation the Mysql db is installed.
and mysql starts up as well in beta 2

but once you do an update, Mysql is un-installed.

The browse gui edits the user.conf file directly. The rest of the conf files may be edited depending upon your particular need.

This should only be the case if you've updated to a livecd flavored distro

Code: Select all
$ sudo conary q group-poundkey

Please post the output of that command.
j4m3s
Oldsterisk

Postby anil » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:02 am

here is the output of the command:

[admin@Vigor10 /]$ sudo conary q group-poundkey
Password:
group-poundkey=1.4.0-0.25-3[~asterisk-gui.livecd,~asterisk-now.livecd,~asterisk.gui,~asterisk.h323,~asterisk.jabber,~asterisk.libpri,~asterisk.odbc,~asterisk.postgres,~asterisk.zaptel,~glibc.tls,~group-poundkey.livecd,~!grub.static,~!iksemel.tls,~!kernel.debug,~!kernel.debugdata,~!kernel.numa,~!kernel.smp,~!openssh.smartcard,~!openssh.static_libcrypto,~!postfix.mysql,sasl,~sqlite.threadsafe,~!xorg-x11.xprint,~!zaptel.debug,~!zaptel.numa,~!zaptel.smp is: x86(~!mmx,~!sse2)]
[admin@Vigor10 /]$

Note: I have installed Mysql manually before running the above command.
anil
Newsterisk

Postby j4m3s » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:46 pm

Somehow you updated to the liveCD flavored group.

anil wrote:~group-poundkey.livecd

Please run
Code: Select all
$ sudo conary update group-poundkey=[!group-poundkey.livecd]
j4m3s
Oldsterisk

Return to AsteriskNOW General