Unable to dial extensions from IVRs

Get help with installing and running Switchvox Free Edition.

Moderators: bmdhacks, dpodolsky, Moderator, Support

Unable to dial extensions from IVRs

Postby wcaadmin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm

I have recently setup Switchvox Free Edition and all it working well except for one very important feature. Making and receiving calls work perfectly as does all internal calling. However, we are unable to dial an extension from an IVR.
I have ensured the "Enable Extension Dialing" option is checked. If it helps I have a Wildcard TDM410P and we use Grandstream phones.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
wcaadmin
Newsterisk

Postby utpbx » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:45 pm

You need to navigate to the actual extensions you wish to dial, click on "Click to show advanced options" under section 1, then make sure the "This extension can be dialed from an IVR" option is enabled.
utpbx
Oldsterisk

Postby wcaadmin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:45 pm

Thanks, but I have already done that. That particular setting is enabled for all of my extensions. Any other ideas?
wcaadmin
Newsterisk

Postby AndreKostur » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Um, does voicemail work? Perhaps your DTMF detection settings are off? Oh, and forgot to ask if this was for external incoming calls, or internal calls? (Or both?)
AndreKostur
Oldsterisk

Postby wcaadmin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:32 pm

DTMF was my first thought and I have played with the settings some; however, voicemail works perfectly and I can access menu options in an IVR. The only thing that does not work is dialing extensions from the IVR.
wcaadmin
Newsterisk

Postby wcaadmin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 pm

Bump....anyone with ideas? This is the only problem I'm having with Switchvox, but it is a big one for us!
wcaadmin
Newsterisk

Postby utpbx » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Do you have anything in your IVR other than "Play Sound"? Please post an example of what your IVR looks like.

For example:

Actions:

Wait (1 seconds)

Play Sound (Congratulations)

Wait (1 seconds)

Play Sound (For Cust Spport Press 1 Interruptible )

Play Sound (For Sales Press 2 Interruptible )

Play Sound (Star for Menu Interruptible )

Listen for options
utpbx
Oldsterisk

Re: Unable to dial extensions from IVRs

Postby crislan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:55 pm

Did you add the extensions to the directory, I had a similar problem and this was the issue. You can use the existing 411 directory or create your own (be sure to point the IVR where your to the specific directory.
Go to Extensions, Manage Extensions, select directory. Tick the checkbox "this extension can be dialed from an IVR". Under directory members select directory members from availble accounts.
crislan
Newsterisk

Return to Switchvox Free Edition